The Savvy Screener doesn’t usually cover the major broadcast networks, but when all four of them unite for something other than a Presidential speech, we figure it’s worth shouting about.
One week from tonight, on September 8, ABC, CBS, Fox and NBC will all telecast a one-hour special on the past, present and future of American high schools at 8 pm ET/PT. The title is EIF Presents: XQ Super School Live, with EIF standing for the Entertainment Industry Foundation and XQ for the XQ Institute.
The program has lined up a bevy of celebrity guests highlighted by a closing performance led by Jennifer Hudson, with Sheryl Crow, Max Weinberg, the Silk Road Ensemble with Yo-Yo Ma, MC Hammer, Jon Boogz and Sheila E.
Other participants are scheduled to include Andra Day, Samuel L. Jackson, Tom Hanks, Mahershala Ali, Tony Hale, Bill Hader, Christian Slater, Common, Randall Park, Rami Malek, Portia Doubleday, Thomas Mann, Anna Deavere Smith, Miranda Cosgrove, Melissa Rivers, Kevin Frazier –and the show’s executive producers, the wife-and-husband team of Viola Davis and Julius Tennon.
Combining live musical, comedy and documentary segments, the special will be telecast live to East Coast viewers from the Barker Hangar at the Santa Monica Airport.
For more info, visit xqsuperschool.org/live.
- ‘Petrunya,’ Unlikely Rebel - June 21, 2021
- Free ‘Weasel’ & ‘Monkey’ - June 18, 2021
- Stream ‘Cracka’ Free - June 18, 2021
- Revry Escorts ‘Strut’ 6/18 - June 17, 2021
- Lubin’s Silent Film Empire - June 17, 2021
- ‘Oral’ Pilot Reading 6/17 - June 16, 2021
- Welcome Back, ‘iCarly’ - June 15, 2021
- ‘Rent’ Comes to Cuba - June 15, 2021
- Fredi Washington: ‘Ouanga’ - June 14, 2021
- Peacock Struts on JustWatch - June 11, 2021