AMI (Accessible Media) is a Canadian cable channel for blind and partially sighted viewers, but US viewers can catch many of its shows online, for free.
This week, for instance, AMI debuted Postcards from the Yukon. This one-hour travel show features Lawrence Gunther, described as North America’s only blind professional angler, on a tour of the Canadian territory’s tastes, smells and sounds. Highlights include cuddling 20-day-old Alaskan Husky puppies, fishing on pristine waters, feasting wilderness fusion cuisine, and voyaging down the Yukon River.
Postcards from the Yukon includes Integrated Described Video, a process that incorporates natural ambient sound along with descriptions from hosts and guests. You can watch Postcards from the Yukon at www.ami.ca. You can even download a show transcript.
AMI has also announced a third 10-episode season of Blind Sighted with Kelly MacDonald, to start mid-September. The new season features MacDonald, who is blind, checking experiences off his bucket list and taking on a variety of dares — such as eating extremely hot chicken wings, exploring sumo wrestling, piloting a Harvard Aircraft, becoming a stunt driver, and dropping some beats as a DJ.
To stream episodes of Blind Sighted and other AMI shows, visit www.ami.ca/shows.
- Lori Arnold, Queen of Meth - May 7, 2021
- ‘Vax Live’ Concert May 8 - May 7, 2021
- Shift Your World Festival - May 6, 2021
- Classic Fest on HBO Max - May 5, 2021
- Simpsons, Star Wars Unite - May 4, 2021
- It’s the Darndest Thing! - May 4, 2021
- RIP Olympia Dukakis - May 1, 2021
- Exploring Mosquito Coasts - April 29, 2021
- Virtual Wellness Retreat - April 29, 2021
- Rewind TV in September - April 27, 2021