The short documentary Resurface, about a suicidal Iraq war veteran who finally finds peace-of-mind in surfing, debuts Friday, September 1, on Netflix.
The 27-minute film, which won a Special Jury Mention at the Tribeca Film Festival, profiles Bobby Lane, who, suffering from PTSD, was contemplating ending his life when he met Van Curaza, a former big wave surfer dedicated to helping veterans find solace on a surfboard. The documentary explores how such organizations as Curaza’s Operation Surf and the Jimmy Miller Memorial Foundation are helping veterans, backed “by a growing body of research illustrating the healing power of the ocean on the mind and body.”
Resurface was directed by Joshua Izenberg (Slomo) and Wynn Padula.
For more, visit Netflix.
- Indie Show Must Go Online - July 15, 2020
- ‘Lake of Death’ on Shudder - July 14, 2020
- Gershwin Opera on PBS - July 14, 2020
- ‘Nest’ on Acorn TV - July 13, 2020
- Send the Kids to ‘Camp TV’ - July 10, 2020
- Grown-up Animation - July 9, 2020
- NY Times Documentary Series - July 9, 2020
- Public Domain Horror - July 7, 2020
- A Streamer with Giddy-Up - July 6, 2020
- Binge July 4th TV - July 3, 2020