The short documentary Resurface, about a suicidal Iraq war veteran who finally finds peace-of-mind in surfing, debuts Friday, September 1, on Netflix.
The 27-minute film, which won a Special Jury Mention at the Tribeca Film Festival, profiles Bobby Lane, who, suffering from PTSD, was contemplating ending his life when he met Van Curaza, a former big wave surfer dedicated to helping veterans find solace on a surfboard. The documentary explores how such organizations as Curaza’s Operation Surf and the Jimmy Miller Memorial Foundation are helping veterans, backed “by a growing body of research illustrating the healing power of the ocean on the mind and body.”
Resurface was directed by Joshua Izenberg (Slomo) and Wynn Padula.
For more, visit Netflix.
- Epic Flight to Freedom - May 14, 2021
- Wanda Sykes’ Netflix Sitcom - May 12, 2021
- Live Longer and Prosper - May 10, 2021
- Drug-Addled ET on Shudder - May 7, 2021
- Pluto TV En Español - May 5, 2021
- Siblings’ Bad Road Trip - May 3, 2021
- Time-bending Spycraft - April 30, 2021
- Troubled Siblings and Murder - April 28, 2021
- ‘Romeo & Juliet’ Film on PBS - April 23, 2021
- Chicken, Statue on Peacock - April 21, 2021