Ed Sullivan, once regarded as America’s cultural kingmaker, returns Monday, September 4, on the over-the-air channel Decades.
The Best of The Ed Sullivan Show will present such historic performances as The Beatles first appearance in February 1964 before an American television audience of 73 million, heralding music’s “The British Invasion.”
Other classic segments will include The Rolling Stones, The Jackson 5, Judy Garland, Carol Burnett, Harry Belafonte, Joan Rivers, The Carpenters, Tony Bennett, Lena Horne, George Carlin, Ella Fitzgerald, The Temptations, The Doors, Richard Pryor, Elvis Presley, Liza Minnelli and George Burns, among others.
Here are legendary comedians Richard Pryor (1966) and Rodney Dangerfield (1970), both doing routines about the art of approaching women:
The Ed Sullivan Show, which originally aired on CBS from 1948 to 1971, was one of the longest-running variety shows in TV history.
Two 30-minute episodes will air each weekday at noon, 5 pm and 11 pm ET/PT.
Visit Decades’ Where to Watch page to find your local station.
- Drug-Addled ET on Shudder - May 7, 2021
- Pluto TV En Español - May 5, 2021
- Siblings’ Bad Road Trip - May 3, 2021
- Time-bending Spycraft - April 30, 2021
- Troubled Siblings and Murder - April 28, 2021
- ‘Romeo & Juliet’ Film on PBS - April 23, 2021
- Chicken, Statue on Peacock - April 21, 2021
- ‘Midsomer Murders’ Season 22 - April 19, 2021
- ‘Beverly Hillbillies’ Binge - April 16, 2021
- AMC+’s Cold War Thriller - April 14, 2021