Jay Thomas, who died yesterday at 69, had a recent recurring role as Marty Grossman, owner of the fictional Stalker.com, on the Showtime crime drama Ray Donovan (2103-2015). But Thomas made his TV mark in sitcoms, most notably winning two Emmy Awards (1990, 1991) for his recurring role as Murphy Brown’s boyfriend, the annoying TV talk show host Jerry Gold.
Clips of Murphy Brown are hard to find. Not even Antenna TV, which plans to rerun the long-running CBS series over the air this fall, has posted anything. So we’ll make do with this very short excerpt, thanks to the JayThomasShow on YouTube:
Antenna TV, however, did provide the following scene from one of Thomas’ earlier roles: as deli owner Remo DaVinci on ABC’s Mork & Mindy (1979-1981):
Thomas also played Eddie LeBec, Carla’s hockey playing boyfriend on NBC’s Cheers (1987-1989), and in a rare main role, Jack Stein in CBS’ Love & War (1992-1995):
And here’s a serious Thomas from Ray Donovan:
Showtime subscribers can stream Thomas now in Ray Donovan.
You can see Mork & Mindy with a Hulu subscription or free on Yahoo View. Two episodes also run over-the-air on Antenna TV weekdays at 7 am ET, and Sundays at 2 pm. Use Antenna TV’s channel finder to find where to watch.
You can also see Love & War for free, on Tubi TV.
And when can you watch the elusive Murphy Brown? The scheduling’s up to Antenna TV.
- The Red Rose of Mumbai? - May 14, 2021
- Rotten Tomatoes Channel - May 13, 2021
- 85 Years of Wavy Gravy - May 12, 2021
- We Clap for ‘Clipped’ - May 11, 2021
- A Canary Islands Thriller - May 11, 2021
- Guide to ‘Those Who Kill’ - May 10, 2021
- Lori Arnold, Queen of Meth - May 7, 2021
- ‘Vax Live’ Concert May 8 - May 7, 2021
- Shift Your World Festival - May 6, 2021
- Classic Fest on HBO Max - May 5, 2021