Jay Thomas, who died yesterday at 69, had a recent recurring role as Marty Grossman, owner of the fictional Stalker.com, on the Showtime crime drama Ray Donovan (2103-2015). But Thomas made his TV mark in sitcoms, most notably winning two Emmy Awards (1990, 1991) for his recurring role as Murphy Brown’s boyfriend, the annoying TV talk show host Jerry Gold.
Clips of Murphy Brown are hard to find. Not even Antenna TV, which plans to rerun the long-running CBS series over the air this fall, has posted anything. So we’ll make do with this very short excerpt, thanks to the JayThomasShow on YouTube:
Antenna TV, however, did provide the following scene from one of Thomas’ earlier roles: as deli owner Remo DaVinci on ABC’s Mork & Mindy (1979-1981):
Thomas also played Eddie LeBec, Carla’s hockey playing boyfriend on NBC’s Cheers (1987-1989), and in a rare main role, Jack Stein in CBS’ Love & War (1992-1995):
And here’s a serious Thomas from Ray Donovan:
Showtime subscribers can stream Thomas now in Ray Donovan.
You can see Mork & Mindy with a Hulu subscription or free on Yahoo View. Two episodes also run over-the-air on Antenna TV weekdays at 7 am ET, and Sundays at 2 pm. Use Antenna TV’s channel finder to find where to watch.
You can also see Love & War for free, on Tubi TV.
And when can you watch the elusive Murphy Brown? The scheduling’s up to Antenna TV.
- There Will be ‘Blood’ - December 14, 2018
- Sabrina’s Solstice Day - December 14, 2018
- Stream ‘The Protector’ - December 13, 2018
- Colorful ‘Lucy’ & ‘Dick’ - December 12, 2018
- Roma on Netflix Friday - December 11, 2018
- Court TV v. Law/Crime - December 10, 2018
- HBO’s ‘Icebox’ Free - December 10, 2018
- A ‘Nightflyers’ Trilogy - December 7, 2018
- Netflix’s Global Trio - December 7, 2018
- Singin’ Thru Dad Issues - December 6, 2018