Netflix has set the date – Tuesday, September 19 – for the premiere of its first Jerry Seinfeld stand-up special.
Titled Jerry Before Seinfeld, the hour-long show finds the comedian not only performing at The Comic Strip, a New York City club that helped launch his career in the 1970s – but performing many of his original jokes. Netflix also promises “never-before-seen material — including a library of legal pads with every joke he’s written since 1975, childhood videos, and more.”
Jerry Before Seinfeld is part of an overall Seinfeld deal with Netflix, announced in January, that also involves a second stand-up special and the move of Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee from Crackle.
We can’t show you a clip from the upcoming Netflix special, so here’s Seinfeld in his first national TV appearance from 1977. We suspect you won’t hear this joke on September 19:
- Emily Watson’s ‘Too Close’ - May 17, 2021
- The Red Rose of Mumbai? - May 14, 2021
- Rotten Tomatoes Channel - May 13, 2021
- 85 Years of Wavy Gravy - May 12, 2021
- We Clap for ‘Clipped’ - May 11, 2021
- A Canary Islands Thriller - May 11, 2021
- Guide to ‘Those Who Kill’ - May 10, 2021
- Lori Arnold, Queen of Meth - May 7, 2021
- ‘Vax Live’ Concert May 8 - May 7, 2021
- Shift Your World Festival - May 6, 2021