Fans of The Exotic Marigold Hotel, Game of Thrones, Downton Abbey and New Tricks may want to check out subscription streaming service Acorn TV on Monday, August 21, for the premiere of The Good Karma Hospital.
The six-episode drama follows “a new doctor [Amrita Acharia, who played Irri in the first two seasons of Game of Thrones] as she maneuvers through heartbreak and leaving England for a demanding, but rewarding, job at an under-resourced and over-worked cottage hospital in a colorful coastal town in southern India.”
Co-stars include Phyllis Logan, in her first role since playing Mrs. Hughes on Downton Abbey, Amanda Redman (Det. Sandra Pullman on New Tricks), Neil Morrissey (The Night Manager, Striking Out) and Philip Jackson (Raised by Wolves, Agatha Christie’s Poirot).
The Good Karma Hospital ran on ITV in the UK earlier this year, with a second season set for 2018.
You can watch Acorn TV on your computer, Apple TV, Roku, iOS and other devices. It costs $4.99 for a monthly subscription or $49.99 for a year, after a one-week free trial. For more, visit Acorn.TV.
- Shift Your World Festival - May 6, 2021
- Classic Fest on HBO Max - May 5, 2021
- Simpsons, Star Wars Unite - May 4, 2021
- It’s the Darndest Thing! - May 4, 2021
- RIP Olympia Dukakis - May 1, 2021
- Exploring Mosquito Coasts - April 29, 2021
- Virtual Wellness Retreat - April 29, 2021
- Rewind TV in September - April 27, 2021
- A Look at Local Now - April 23, 2021
- ‘Secrets of the Whales’ - April 22, 2021