(Pictured above: Conor McGregor and Floyd Mayweather)
The heavily promoted Showtime pay-per-view (PPV) boxing match between Floyd Mayweather, Jr. and UFC champion Conor McGregor will be accessible to non-Showtime subscribers via streaming.
The 12-round showdown is scheduled for Saturday, August 26, at 9 pm ET.
Showtime said it will make the event available live – for purchase – on ShowtimePPV.com and through the Showtime PPV app on Apple mobile and Apple TV (4th Generation) devices “in the coming days.” As part of the promotion, Showtime will offer free trials for its standalone streaming service and for CBS All Access, which will include additional fight content leading up to the main event.
The previously announced PPV fee, via pay TV, is $89.95 plus $10 more for high definition. Showtime didn’t say whether it would price streaming coverage similarly.
The 40-year-old Mayweather retired undefeated in September 2015, a 12-time world champion in five weight classes. The 28-year-old McGregor is the first MMA fighter to hold two UFC titles simultaneously.
Here’s Bad Lip Reading’s take on the pre-fight trash-talking between Mayweather and McGregor:
Showtime subscriptions via Apple devices are $10.99 a month after a free one-week trial. For more, visit Showtime.
- Drug-Addled ET on Shudder - May 7, 2021
- Pluto TV En Español - May 5, 2021
- Siblings’ Bad Road Trip - May 3, 2021
- Time-bending Spycraft - April 30, 2021
- Troubled Siblings and Murder - April 28, 2021
- ‘Romeo & Juliet’ Film on PBS - April 23, 2021
- Chicken, Statue on Peacock - April 21, 2021
- ‘Midsomer Murders’ Season 22 - April 19, 2021
- ‘Beverly Hillbillies’ Binge - April 16, 2021
- AMC+’s Cold War Thriller - April 14, 2021