Following an agreement between ATT and CBS, subscribers to ATT’s DirectTV Now will soon gain access to CBS-owned networks and, in many markets, its local broadcast stations. Here’s what’s coming:
CBS and The CW broadcast networks – Content will be available to subscribers of all DirectTV Now plans, which start at $35 a month for over 60 channels (or just $10 a month “with any qualifying AT&T Unlimited wireless plan”);
Pop – The home of Schitt’s Creek and other shows will join DirectTV Now’s $50/month “Just Right” package, which includes over 80 channels;
CBS Sports Network – The channel will be available to DirectTV Now subscribers who “Go Big” for over 100 channels with a $60/month package;
Showtime – It will be available to all subscribers for an additional $8 a month, which DirectTV Now says is the lowest streaming price anywhere for the channel. Once subscribed, Showtime will also be accessible through Showtime Anytime;
Live local CBS and The CW stations – These will be offered in some 25 markets, including New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Philadelphia, Dallas/Ft. Worth, Boston and Detroit.
Absent from the list: the CBSN news service, which just last week was added to CBS’s All Access subscription streaming service, whose original shows will also not be available to DirecTV Now subscribers.
For more info, or to subscribe, visit directvnow.com.
- Shift Your World Festival - May 6, 2021
- Classic Fest on HBO Max - May 5, 2021
- Simpsons, Star Wars Unite - May 4, 2021
- It’s the Darndest Thing! - May 4, 2021
- RIP Olympia Dukakis - May 1, 2021
- Exploring Mosquito Coasts - April 29, 2021
- Virtual Wellness Retreat - April 29, 2021
- Rewind TV in September - April 27, 2021
- A Look at Local Now - April 23, 2021
- ‘Secrets of the Whales’ - April 22, 2021