(Above photo by Alex Beattie on Flickr )
Stretch, formerly just a Hasbro toy action figure, will star in a NetFlix animated series, Stretch Armstrong and the Flex Fighters. Now, he’s a teenage superhero backed up with a couple of super friend sidekicks. The 26 episodes, set to premiere later this year, will feature Scott Menville (Teen Titans Go!, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles) as Stretch’s voice, plus a trio of Star Trek-franchise veterans in supporting roles: Wil Wheaton (Star Trek: The Next Generation), Kate Mulgrew (Star Trek: Voyager), and Walter Koenig (the original Star Trek).
The Elongated Man, a veteran DC Comics hero who’s previously had a few animated appearances, will emerge in live-action form in a recurring role during the coming season of The CW’s The Flash. He’ll be played by Hartley Sawyer, one of the stars of the CW Seed web series Saving the Human Race.
You’ll be able to watch Stretch Armstrong and the Flex Fighters later this year with a subscription at NetFlix.
Season four of The Flash premieres on The CW Tuesday, October 10, at 8 pm ET. As with all CW shows, you can stream The Flash free – without needing a cable, satellite or telco TV subscription — starting the following day on www.cwtv.com or via CW apps.
Meanwhile, other stretchable characters like Gumby, The Fantastic Four’s Mister Fantastic and Plastic Man are still waiting for their next casting calls. In the following tribute, Mister Fantastic and Plastic Man face off:
- Lori Arnold, Queen of Meth - May 7, 2021
- ‘Vax Live’ Concert May 8 - May 7, 2021
- Shift Your World Festival - May 6, 2021
- Classic Fest on HBO Max - May 5, 2021
- Simpsons, Star Wars Unite - May 4, 2021
- It’s the Darndest Thing! - May 4, 2021
- RIP Olympia Dukakis - May 1, 2021
- Exploring Mosquito Coasts - April 29, 2021
- Virtual Wellness Retreat - April 29, 2021
- Rewind TV in September - April 27, 2021