(Pictured above: ‘Chewbacca Mom’ Candace Payne)
Koeppel Direct, a direct response and digital advertising agency, reports that 59% of people prefer live videos online over live TV, and that 78% of people watch live videos on Facebook.
The firm also said that Snapchat growth slowed 82% after the launch of Instagram Stories, which now has 200 million daily users. YouTube is still tops, however, with more than 1 billion daily users.
“The spike in live streaming views is due in part to people’s response to live footage of Q&A sessions, interviews, events, behind-the-scenes insights, and product announcements shown in real time,” Koeppel Direct said in a press release. “It continues feeding content to a loyal fanbase, while simultaneously attracting new influencers.”
The top YouTube videos from last year included Candace Payne’s “Chewbacca Mom” with 162 million views (live and replay):
… and Ted Yoder’s rendition of Tears for Fears “Everybody Wants to Rule the World” on hammered dulcimer, which garnered 85 million views (live and replay):
For more information and infographics, visit Koeppel Direct.
- Drug-Addled ET on Shudder - May 7, 2021
- Pluto TV En Español - May 5, 2021
- Siblings’ Bad Road Trip - May 3, 2021
- Time-bending Spycraft - April 30, 2021
- Troubled Siblings and Murder - April 28, 2021
- ‘Romeo & Juliet’ Film on PBS - April 23, 2021
- Chicken, Statue on Peacock - April 21, 2021
- ‘Midsomer Murders’ Season 22 - April 19, 2021
- ‘Beverly Hillbillies’ Binge - April 16, 2021
- AMC+’s Cold War Thriller - April 14, 2021