(Pictured above: Matt Bomer as Monroe Stahr in ‘The Last Tycoon’)
The series, which debuts this Friday, July 28, was selected from Amazon’s 2016 pilot season, a development process giving customers the chance to view and weigh in on a roster of potential new series for the streaming service. Prime subscribers can view that pilot now at Amazon.com/The-Last-Tycoon.
Amazon’s Tycoon stars White Collar’s Matt Bomer as studio wunderkind Monroe Stahr, who locks horns with father figure and boss Pat Brady, played by Frasier‘s Kelsey Grammer, “for the soul of their studio.” The competition takes place “in a world darkened by the Great Depression and the growing international influence of Hitler’s Germany.”
The cast also includes La La Land’s Rosemarie DeWitt as Rose Brady, House of Cards’ Dominique McElligott as Kathleen Moore, The Martian’s Enzo Cilenti as Aubrey Hackett, Arrival’s Mark O’Brien as Max Mincer, and Professor T’s Koen De Bouw as Tomas Szep.
Pulitzer-winning author and Fitzgerald scholar A. Scott Berg served as consulting producer.
To sign up for Prime or to find out more, visit amazon.com/prime.
- Pluto TV En Español - May 5, 2021
- Siblings’ Bad Road Trip - May 3, 2021
- Time-bending Spycraft - April 30, 2021
- Troubled Siblings and Murder - April 28, 2021
- ‘Romeo & Juliet’ Film on PBS - April 23, 2021
- Chicken, Statue on Peacock - April 21, 2021
- ‘Midsomer Murders’ Season 22 - April 19, 2021
- ‘Beverly Hillbillies’ Binge - April 16, 2021
- AMC+’s Cold War Thriller - April 14, 2021
- ‘Pray, Obey, Kill’ Docuseries - April 12, 2021