On Wednesday, July 19, Complex Networks will debut an eight-part documentary series Road to Race Day, which goes behind the scenes with Hendrick Motorsports during the 2016 season. It will be viewable free on Verizon’s go90.
Each week, a new episode will showcase four “superstar” drivers – Kasey Kahne, Chase Elliott, Jimmie Johnson and Dale Earnhardt Jr. – and their “colorful” Hendrick Motorsports teams. The series “journeys deep inside the teamwork, sophistication and hear that makes stock car racing an American institution.”
Road to Race Day is directed by Cynthia Hill and executive produced by Peter Berg, the actor who has also directed and executive produced episodes of HBO’s The Leftovers and NBC’s Friday Night Lights, among other shows and films.
“At the heart of the series is a team of people who share an incredible passion for and dedication to stock car racing and a drive to win,” Berg said. “Road to Race Day adds a personal dimension to the sport, and it spotlights the passionate individuals who make Hendrick Motorsports one of the most successful racing teams of all time.”
Founded by Rick Hendrick in 1984, Hendrick Motorsports has earned nearly 250 points-paying race victories and an all-time record 12 championships in the premier NASCAR Cup Series.
- Father & Son Serial Killers? - May 17, 2021
- Epic Flight to Freedom - May 14, 2021
- Wanda Sykes’ Netflix Sitcom - May 12, 2021
- Live Longer and Prosper - May 10, 2021
- Drug-Addled ET on Shudder - May 7, 2021
- Pluto TV En Español - May 5, 2021
- Siblings’ Bad Road Trip - May 3, 2021
- Time-bending Spycraft - April 30, 2021
- Troubled Siblings and Murder - April 28, 2021
- ‘Romeo & Juliet’ Film on PBS - April 23, 2021