Subscription streaming service BritBox calls Only Fools and Horses “the #1 most-watched program in the history of British television.” Wikipedia says a 1996 Christmas special of the series “holds the record for the highest UK audience for a sitcom episode.” IMDb cites the BBC show as winning three BAFTA awards for best comedy series during its long run (1981-2003).
Here’s the series synopsis, also from IMDb: “Classic comedy following the misadventures of two Wheeler Dealer brothers Del Boy and Rodney Trotter who scrape their living by selling dodgy goods believing that next year they will be millionaires.”
Only Fools and Horses launches on BritBox this Saturday, July 22. According to Wikipedia, there are 64 episodes from the regular series, which ended in 1991, and 16 subsequent Christmas specials, which aired through 2003.
Speaking of Christmas in July, rival subscription service Acorn TV will premiere Once Upon a Murdoch Christmas on Monday, July 24: “When brazen robberies target Toronto’s wealthiest businessmen just days before Christmas, Murdoch’s job is under fire if he doesn’t quickly solve the case.”
Once Upon a Murdoch Christmas is a special episode of the Canadian detective show Murdoch Mysteries, which takes place in 1890s’ Toronto. Acorn TV subscribers can also stream all 10 seasons (150 episodes) of the series.
Acorn TV costs $4.99 for a month or $49.99 for a year. BritBox costs $6.99 a month. Both services offer seven-day free trials. For more info, including device compatibility, visit Acorn.TV or BritBox.com respectively.
- Lori Arnold, Queen of Meth - May 7, 2021
- ‘Vax Live’ Concert May 8 - May 7, 2021
- Shift Your World Festival - May 6, 2021
- Classic Fest on HBO Max - May 5, 2021
- Simpsons, Star Wars Unite - May 4, 2021
- It’s the Darndest Thing! - May 4, 2021
- RIP Olympia Dukakis - May 1, 2021
- Exploring Mosquito Coasts - April 29, 2021
- Virtual Wellness Retreat - April 29, 2021
- Rewind TV in September - April 27, 2021