Animated series Castlevania, fresh off its four-episode first season debut on Netflix on Friday, has secured an eight-episode second season from the streaming service.
The first production of WOW! Unlimited Media’s Frederator Studios, Castlevania is written by graphic novelist Warren Ellis and inspired by the video game series from Japan’s Konami. The series is described as “a dark medieval fantasy that follows the last surviving member of the disgraced Belmont clan, trying to save Eastern Europe from extinction at the hand of Vlad Dracula Tepes himself.”
The voice cast includes The Hobbit’s Graham McTavish as Dracula, The Hobbit trilogy’s Richard Armitage as Trevor Belmont, Battlestar Galactica’s James Callis as Alucard, Supernatural’s Emily Swallow as Lisa, Orphan Black’s Matt Frewer as The Bishop, Annabelle’s Tony Amendola as The Elder and G.I. Joe: The Renegades’ Alejandra Reynoso as Sypha Belnades.
You can watch season one now on Netflix.
- Drug-Addled ET on Shudder - May 7, 2021
- Pluto TV En Español - May 5, 2021
- Siblings’ Bad Road Trip - May 3, 2021
- Time-bending Spycraft - April 30, 2021
- Troubled Siblings and Murder - April 28, 2021
- ‘Romeo & Juliet’ Film on PBS - April 23, 2021
- Chicken, Statue on Peacock - April 21, 2021
- ‘Midsomer Murders’ Season 22 - April 19, 2021
- ‘Beverly Hillbillies’ Binge - April 16, 2021
- AMC+’s Cold War Thriller - April 14, 2021