(Pictured above: Louise Peterhoff, star of ‘Blue Skies’)
Centering around the rise of a far-right political party during a national election campaign, the 10-episode Swedish series (subtitled in English) features two female leads, a complex murder mystery, terror attacks, and political power plays a la House of Cards:
Blue Eyes was a huge hit when it premiered in Sweden in 2014. According to The Guardian, each episode garnered a million viewers – in a country with a population under 10 million.
“With the refugee crisis and the rise in nationalist extremism, this new Swedish series feels like a nightmarish documentary,” Gani declared when Blue Eyes premiered in the UK last year — a couple of months before the Brexit vote.
Judge for yourself by streaming the first two episodes tomorrow on MHz Choice. Two additional episodes will then premiere each Tuesday through August 8.
The service costs $7.99 monthly after a 30-day free trial; you can currently get 50% off the first month by using the code “SUMMER” at checkout. To subscribe, or for more info, visit www.mhzchoice.com.
- Tulsa Race Massacre, 1921 - May 18, 2021
- Emily Watson’s ‘Too Close’ - May 17, 2021
- The Red Rose of Mumbai? - May 14, 2021
- Rotten Tomatoes Channel - May 13, 2021
- 85 Years of Wavy Gravy - May 12, 2021
- We Clap for ‘Clipped’ - May 11, 2021
- A Canary Islands Thriller - May 11, 2021
- Guide to ‘Those Who Kill’ - May 10, 2021
- Lori Arnold, Queen of Meth - May 7, 2021
- ‘Vax Live’ Concert May 8 - May 7, 2021