(Pictured above: Black Cowboys Association of Brooklyn, photo by Les Luchter)
New western lifestyle and black lifestyle channels are now available to Sling TV subscribers.
The Cowboy Channel, offering “western sports and everything that encompasses the popular western lifestyle,” has launched on Sling’s Heartland Extra package. AFRO, providing an “aura of refreshing and blooming polycultural black content from a wide array of genres,” has launched on Sling’s Lifestyle Extra package.
Cowboy Channel promo:
AFRO sizzle reel:
Primetime and weekend schedules on The Cowboy Channel feature “extensive coverage of rodeo, bull riding, and the wide variety of first-class cowboy/cowgirl competitions.” This week you can catch nightly rodeos. Weekday shows include Gentle Giants (“the world of draft horses), CINCH High School Rodeo, Cowboy Country TV, Best of America By Horseback, The American Rancher and Red Stegall is Somewhere West of Wall Street, as well as live auctions for horses and cattle. For more information, visit thecowboychannel.com.
AFRO, which has on-demand content as well as a linear channel, includes primetime movies, a talk show called Point of View, a fashion show called Style Check, and a late-night comedy show, The Lowdown. For more, visit afros.tv.
Sling’s Heartland package also offers Sportsman Channel, Outdoor Channel, World Fishing Network, family friendly movie channel PixL, and Cowboy Channel’s sister rural lifestyle network RFD-TV. Until this past weekend, The Cowboy Channel had been the classic TV channel FamilyNet.
Sling’s Lifestyle package also includes such channels as BET, Cooking Channel, DIY, E!, FYI, Hallmark Channel, Hallmark Movies & Mysteries, LMN, Oxygen, truTV, VH1 and WE tv.
- NYC Club Starts Streamer - September 30, 2020
- VideoElephant TV Launches - September 30, 2020
- Burlesque Fest Oct. 1-4 - September 29, 2020
- Herb Alpert Doc Free 10/1 - September 29, 2020
- ‘God’s Wrecking Ball’ - September 28, 2020
- Grandfather of the Bride? - September 25, 2020
- Anarchist Dispatches - September 25, 2020
- Amazon’s Utopian Vision - September 24, 2020
- Women’s Cancer Benefit - September 24, 2020
- Thursday’s for the Dogs - September 22, 2020