Today through July 3, National Geographic Documentary Films is making the coal documentary, From the Ashes, available to stream for free – with no commercials — across several streaming platforms including YouTube, Facebook, Hulu, Amazon and Google Play.
You can also watch the entire documentary for free, through July 3, right here at The Savvy Screener:
Produced RadicalMedia in partnership with Bloomberg Philanthropies, From the Ashes “captures Americans in communities across the country as they wrestle with the legacy of the coal industry and what its future should be under the Trump administration.”
“The film explores the complexities of the coal industry and its impact on the environment, economy and public health,” said Tim Pastore, president of original programming and production for National Geographic channels.
Former New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg, founder of Bloomberg Philanthropies, said, “Coal affects our lives and planet in important ways but people often take positions on it without seeing the full picture.”
According to the film’s producers, coal pollution causes 7,500 deaths in the US each year.
For more information about the film and how to support coal communities, visit CrowdRise.com/fromtheashesfilm.
- Epic Flight to Freedom - May 14, 2021
- Wanda Sykes’ Netflix Sitcom - May 12, 2021
- Live Longer and Prosper - May 10, 2021
- Drug-Addled ET on Shudder - May 7, 2021
- Pluto TV En Español - May 5, 2021
- Siblings’ Bad Road Trip - May 3, 2021
- Time-bending Spycraft - April 30, 2021
- Troubled Siblings and Murder - April 28, 2021
- ‘Romeo & Juliet’ Film on PBS - April 23, 2021
- Chicken, Statue on Peacock - April 21, 2021