Sean Bean, perhaps best-known to US audiences as the ill-fated Ned Stark from Game of Thrones, will star in a new drama series, The Oath, which will debut on Crackle in 2018.
The 10-episode series will focus on the “world of gangs” and shine “light on corrupt and secret societies that are nearly impossible to join.” The Oath promises to take “an unforgiving look at the complicated dynamics in these organizations” and will detail “the lives of those willing to risk it all, to have it all.”
Bean will play Tom Hammond, “a hard-charging cop and ruthless leader of the prominent gang made up of those who are meant to enforce the law.” After spending time in Jail, Hammond seeks “to make his way back to the top of the food chain and (take) back … control of the gang he once led.”
The Oath is executive produced by Curtis “50 Cent” Jackson and his company G-Unit Film & Television, Inc. Former Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department Deputy Joe Halpin, now an established Hollywood writer and producer of TV police procedurals, is both creator and writer for the series, with Jeff T. Thomas directing.
Crackle is a free streaming service.
- Stuck in ‘Castle Rock’ - October 22, 2019
- Visiting Old ‘Haunt'(s) - October 22, 2019
- Free ‘Love’ From CBS - October 21, 2019
- ‘Twin Peaks’ Binge - October 18, 2019
- Living Room or Multiplex? - October 17, 2019
- Playing God - October 16, 2019
- AMC Theatres at Home - October 15, 2019
- Hulu Up North - October 14, 2019
- Boris Karloff’s ‘Thriller’ - October 11, 2019
- Jesse’s Back - October 10, 2019