(Above: Delta Burke, Jean Smart, Dixie Carter, Annie Potts. Source: Sony Pictures Museum)
Introducing Designing Women to its lineup, over-the-air channel GetTV tonight begins a countdown of “our 30 favorite episodes” of the classic 1986-1993 CBS sitcom. Six episodes will air nightly through Friday starting at 9 pm ET.
Next Monday, Designing Women will move to its regular GetTV timeslot, with four episodes daily starting at 11 am Monday through Thursday.
Designing Women, revolving around an interior design firm in Georgia, originally starred Dixie Carter, Annie Potts, Delta Burke, and Jean Smart. In season six, the latter two were replaced by Julia Duffy and Jan Hooks, and in season seven, the final one, Judith Ivey replaced Duffy. There were 163 total episodes.
GetTV hasn’t released which episodes landed in the top 30 list, but we suspect the season four episode with the following serious scene will be included:
For info on where to watch GetTV, go to “Get the Channel.”
- The Red Rose of Mumbai? - May 14, 2021
- Rotten Tomatoes Channel - May 13, 2021
- 85 Years of Wavy Gravy - May 12, 2021
- We Clap for ‘Clipped’ - May 11, 2021
- A Canary Islands Thriller - May 11, 2021
- Guide to ‘Those Who Kill’ - May 10, 2021
- Lori Arnold, Queen of Meth - May 7, 2021
- ‘Vax Live’ Concert May 8 - May 7, 2021
- Shift Your World Festival - May 6, 2021
- Classic Fest on HBO Max - May 5, 2021