(Above: Delta Burke, Jean Smart, Dixie Carter, Annie Potts. Source: Sony Pictures Museum)
Introducing Designing Women to its lineup, over-the-air channel GetTV tonight begins a countdown of “our 30 favorite episodes” of the classic 1986-1993 CBS sitcom. Six episodes will air nightly through Friday starting at 9 pm ET.
Next Monday, Designing Women will move to its regular GetTV timeslot, with four episodes daily starting at 11 am Monday through Thursday.
Designing Women, revolving around an interior design firm in Georgia, originally starred Dixie Carter, Annie Potts, Delta Burke, and Jean Smart. In season six, the latter two were replaced by Julia Duffy and Jan Hooks, and in season seven, the final one, Judith Ivey replaced Duffy. There were 163 total episodes.
GetTV hasn’t released which episodes landed in the top 30 list, but we suspect the season four episode with the following serious scene will be included:
For info on where to watch GetTV, go to “Get the Channel.”
- ‘The Holocaust & Italy’ - August 3, 2020
- Evoca’s Next Gen TV Service - August 3, 2020
- ‘Upright’: Quite Alright! - July 31, 2020
- Zooming In, Hanging On - July 30, 2020
- ‘The Cuban’ Reviewed - July 29, 2020
- Pandemic Productions - July 28, 2020
- The UMP Cruiser is Back! - July 27, 2020
- The Old Guard: Influences - July 24, 2020
- ‘Bubbies and Sistas’ - July 24, 2020
- African Diaspora Film Fest - July 23, 2020