(Above image is a YouTube screenshot)
Roadtrip Nation, a “career exploration organization” that produces a documentary series and materials designed to help young people pursue “fulfilling careers,” will air Beyond the Dream on American Public Television stations across the country this Sunday, June 11, at 7 pm ET.
Distributed through KQED in San Francisco, Beyond the Dream “sheds light onto the struggles, achievements, and cautious dreams of three young immigrants, following their journey as they take a road trip across America to gain perspective on their uncertain futures.”
The documentary seeks to put a face to the more than 700,000 immigrants currently protected by the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) program. Driving cross-country in a Roadtrip Nation green RV, the three interviewers talk with fellow immigrants “about career paths, life choices, and what it truly means to realize the American Dream.” Interviewees include Pulitzer Prize-winning journalist Jose Antonio Vargas and actress/author Diane Guerrero.
“By showcasing the stories of immigrants who overcame obstacles and persisted in their fields, Roadtrip Nation hopes that Beyond the Dream will dispel myths about young adult immigrants in America, while inspiring people from all backgrounds to define their own roads,” the producers said in a statement.
To learn where Beyond the Dream will air in your area, visit roadtripnation.com/roadtrip/dreamers, scroll down the page and enter your zip code.
- Pluto TV En Español - May 5, 2021
- Siblings’ Bad Road Trip - May 3, 2021
- Time-bending Spycraft - April 30, 2021
- Troubled Siblings and Murder - April 28, 2021
- ‘Romeo & Juliet’ Film on PBS - April 23, 2021
- Chicken, Statue on Peacock - April 21, 2021
- ‘Midsomer Murders’ Season 22 - April 19, 2021
- ‘Beverly Hillbillies’ Binge - April 16, 2021
- AMC+’s Cold War Thriller - April 14, 2021
- ‘Pray, Obey, Kill’ Docuseries - April 12, 2021