Avery Singer’s Next Painting has premiered as the first offering in Art21’s “Summer of Shorts,” 10 weeks of new films profiling contemporary artists. Available at Art21.org and YouTube, new titles will debut each Friday through August 4.
Each “Summer of Shorts” film is part of either New York Close Up or Extended Play, Art 21’s two long-running original online series. New York Close Up profiles young artists living and working in New York City during the first decade of their career, while Extended Play “provides a behind-the-scenes look at critical moments in (an) artist’s processes and lives.” Extended Play has been running since 2008 and New York Close Up since 2011.
Featured “Summer of Shorts” artists for the rest of the summer are Theaster Gates, Jordan Casteel, Meriem Bennani, Jeff Wall, Stan Douglas, Aki Sasamoto, Caroline Woolard, Liz Larner and Chris Ware.
Art 21, a non-profit focused on content about contemporary artists, has an online library with more than 500 videos – over 50 hours — of original content.
- Emily Watson’s ‘Too Close’ - May 17, 2021
- The Red Rose of Mumbai? - May 14, 2021
- Rotten Tomatoes Channel - May 13, 2021
- 85 Years of Wavy Gravy - May 12, 2021
- We Clap for ‘Clipped’ - May 11, 2021
- A Canary Islands Thriller - May 11, 2021
- Guide to ‘Those Who Kill’ - May 10, 2021
- Lori Arnold, Queen of Meth - May 7, 2021
- ‘Vax Live’ Concert May 8 - May 7, 2021
- Shift Your World Festival - May 6, 2021