(Above: Scene from ‘Before the Flood’)
Are Americans now both Under the Gun and Before the Flood?
Two major cable/satellite networks – National Geo and Epix — are offering free streams of timely documentaries with those titles, about gun violence and climate change, respectively.
Two days after President Trump’s decision to withdraw the U.S. from the Paris climate accord, Nat Geo re-released Before the Flood, Leonardo DiCaprio’s doc on global climate change that originally ran in late October/early November specifically to educate voters before the presidential election. This Thursday, June 8, Before the Flood will be one of six shows receiving Television Academy Honors.
Before the Flood will stream free through this Friday, June 9, at Natgeotv.com, Nat Geo TV apps (iPhone, iPad, Apple TV, Roku, Android phones, Xbox One/360) and on Samsung connected TVs. You can also watch it right here:
To mark National Gun Violence Awareness Day, Epix unlocked Katie Couric’s Under the Gun, which premiered in May 2016 and “examines the events and individuals who have kept the gun debate fierce and the progress slow, even as gun deaths and mass shootings continue to increase.” Under the Gun will stream free all month on Epix.com and the Epix app (iPad, iPhone, Android, Kindle Fire). Visit www.epix.com/movie/under-the-gun to watch now. Here’s a trailer:
- ‘Petrunya,’ Unlikely Rebel - June 21, 2021
- Free ‘Weasel’ & ‘Monkey’ - June 18, 2021
- Stream ‘Cracka’ Free - June 18, 2021
- Revry Escorts ‘Strut’ 6/18 - June 17, 2021
- Lubin’s Silent Film Empire - June 17, 2021
- ‘Oral’ Pilot Reading 6/17 - June 16, 2021
- Welcome Back, ‘iCarly’ - June 15, 2021
- ‘Rent’ Comes to Cuba - June 15, 2021
- Fredi Washington: ‘Ouanga’ - June 14, 2021
- Peacock Struts on JustWatch - June 11, 2021