(Pictured above: Sally Field as ‘Gidget’)
You head out to Southern California and start surfing on Memorial Day; you fly back on Labor Day weekend. If that sounds like a perfect summer, book your trip now with Antenna TV, which has scheduled marathons of Sally Field sitcoms Gidget and The Flying Nun for May 29 and September 2 respectively.
Go surfing with Gidget from 6 am to 10 pm ET this Monday, May 29, when Antenna TV airs all 32 episodes of the 1965-1966 ABC series.
Then take flight with The Flying Nun on Saturday, September 2, when the channel airs 18 episodes from 1 pm to 10 pm. That marathon will celebrate Nun’s 50th anniversary; the show premiered September 7, 1967 on ABC, running for 82 episodes over three seasons.
Speaking of anniversaries, tomorrow, May 27, marks the 40th anniversary of the opening of Smokey and the Bandit, Field’s breakthrough movie role two years before she captured her first Oscar for Norma Rae. If you missed the return of the film to theaters earlier this week (see trailer below), you can stream Smokey for just $1.99 SD/$2.99 HD on FandangoNow.
For your fill of Gidget and The Flying Nun between the two summer holiday weekends, Antenna TV airs them in a two-hour block every Saturday at 3 pm and Sunday at 5 am.
To find where to watch Antenna TV, visit its channel finder.
- ‘Will & Grace’ Returns - October 23, 2019
- A Meeting of Kings - October 22, 2019
- ‘Intelligent Lives’ Doc - October 21, 2019
- Dorothy Stratten Videos - October 18, 2019
- YouTube’s ‘Booktube’ - October 17, 2019
- Facebook’s ‘Limetown’ - October 16, 2019
- An Ad-Supported MHz - October 16, 2019
- ‘Craig Fixada America’ - October 15, 2019
- Fill up on ‘Corner Gas’ - October 14, 2019
- Robert Forster Sampler - October 14, 2019