(Pictured above: Sally Field as ‘Gidget’)
You head out to Southern California and start surfing on Memorial Day; you fly back on Labor Day weekend. If that sounds like a perfect summer, book your trip now with Antenna TV, which has scheduled marathons of Sally Field sitcoms Gidget and The Flying Nun for May 29 and September 2 respectively.
Go surfing with Gidget from 6 am to 10 pm ET this Monday, May 29, when Antenna TV airs all 32 episodes of the 1965-1966 ABC series.
Then take flight with The Flying Nun on Saturday, September 2, when the channel airs 18 episodes from 1 pm to 10 pm. That marathon will celebrate Nun’s 50th anniversary; the show premiered September 7, 1967 on ABC, running for 82 episodes over three seasons.
Speaking of anniversaries, tomorrow, May 27, marks the 40th anniversary of the opening of Smokey and the Bandit, Field’s breakthrough movie role two years before she captured her first Oscar for Norma Rae. If you missed the return of the film to theaters earlier this week (see trailer below), you can stream Smokey for just $1.99 SD/$2.99 HD on FandangoNow.
For your fill of Gidget and The Flying Nun between the two summer holiday weekends, Antenna TV airs them in a two-hour block every Saturday at 3 pm and Sunday at 5 am.
To find where to watch Antenna TV, visit its channel finder.
- Emily Watson’s ‘Too Close’ - May 17, 2021
- The Red Rose of Mumbai? - May 14, 2021
- Rotten Tomatoes Channel - May 13, 2021
- 85 Years of Wavy Gravy - May 12, 2021
- We Clap for ‘Clipped’ - May 11, 2021
- A Canary Islands Thriller - May 11, 2021
- Guide to ‘Those Who Kill’ - May 10, 2021
- Lori Arnold, Queen of Meth - May 7, 2021
- ‘Vax Live’ Concert May 8 - May 7, 2021
- Shift Your World Festival - May 6, 2021