Christian Cinema, a streaming service that claims “the world’s largest catalog of faith-affirming and family-approved films on the Internet,” has released apps for Amazon Fire TV and tablet and Android. It was already available for Apple/iOS devices.
Founded in 1999, Christian Cinema offers more than 5,000 titles that it says “are pre-screened and curated to ensure a Biblical worldview.” It also has movie reviews, news articles featuring interviews with filmmakers, and a weekly newsletter targeted at “industry leaders.”
“There has been a strong growing appetite for faith-based content amongst the industry, retailers, distributors and most importantly consumers,” said Jared Geesey, vice president of Christian Cinema.
Films, at varied prices, can be rented or purchased on demand. Titles include the documentary Linsanity, about the NBA phenomenon, which can be rented for $4.99 or owned for $12.99; and Victor, the story of a troubled teenager’s recovery in a faith-based rehabilitation program, which can be rented for $6.99 or bought for $14.99.
Christian Cinema is also home to the National Bible Bee Game Show, hosted by Kirk Cameron. You can watch the entire second season with a $24.99 season pass or own individual episodes for $1.99.
Visit christiancinema.com to peruse its catalog.
- It’s ‘Hell on the Border’ - December 13, 2019
- Netflix Dominates IMDb List - December 12, 2019
- Fictional ‘Showcase’ on Hulu - December 11, 2019
- The System is Rigged - December 10, 2019
- ‘Diff’rent Strokes’ Binge - December 10, 2019
- ‘Runaways’ Final Escape - December 9, 2019
- ‘Marriage Story’ Woes - December 6, 2019
- ‘Joe Bob’s Red Christmas’ - December 6, 2019
- Hot Shows/Films on Prime - December 5, 2019
- ‘Mrs. Maisel’ On Tour - December 4, 2019