Fans of the long-running British soap EastEnders can catch its new spinoff Kat & Alfie: Redwater, an Irish-British co-production, on subscription streaming service BritBox. The standalone six-episode drama may also appeal to fans of Broadchurch and its ilk.
Premiering on BritBox the same week as in Ireland and the UK, Redwater finds EastEnders’ Kat Moon (Jessie Wallace) and her husband Alfie Moon (Shane Richie) returning to their small seaside Irish village, where secrets await.
The first hour-long episode of Redwater is now available on BritBox, with the remainder to roll out weekly soon after they premiere in the UK and Ireland.
BritBox also offers EastEnders itself, with episodes also appearing some 24 hours after their UK broadcasts. The half-hour soap, now airing four times a week on BBC One, has been around since 1985.
Launched two months ago to offer UK fare to US audiences, BritBox costs $6.99 a month and is available at www.BritBox.com and on iPhones, Android, Apple TV and Roku.
- Tulsa Race Massacre, 1921 - May 18, 2021
- Emily Watson’s ‘Too Close’ - May 17, 2021
- The Red Rose of Mumbai? - May 14, 2021
- Rotten Tomatoes Channel - May 13, 2021
- 85 Years of Wavy Gravy - May 12, 2021
- We Clap for ‘Clipped’ - May 11, 2021
- A Canary Islands Thriller - May 11, 2021
- Guide to ‘Those Who Kill’ - May 10, 2021
- Lori Arnold, Queen of Meth - May 7, 2021
- ‘Vax Live’ Concert May 8 - May 7, 2021