(Above: YouTube screenshot of ‘Then Came Bronson’)
Michael Parks, who died this week at 77, had nearly 150 films and TV shows on his acting resume. Most roles were relatively minor, befitting a noted character actor, but occasionally Parks received more exposure.
Amazon Prime subscribers can check out Parks in a starring role by streaming Noble Things, a 2008 drama also featuring country music’s Lee Ann Womack. Here’s a trailer:
And anyone can watch the following Parks star vehicle for free, right here.
The China Lake Murders, a very popular 1990 USA Network movie about a serial killer (Parks) in a small southern town, also starring Tom Skerritt as the town sheriff:
Earlier on TV, Parks starred in the 1969-1970 NBC series Then Came Bronson as a motorcyclist “going down that long lonesome highway” in weekly soul-searching stories. Here’s the first episode, with guest star Jack Klugman (you can find more episodes on Dailymotion):
- Shift Your World Festival - May 6, 2021
- Classic Fest on HBO Max - May 5, 2021
- Simpsons, Star Wars Unite - May 4, 2021
- It’s the Darndest Thing! - May 4, 2021
- RIP Olympia Dukakis - May 1, 2021
- Exploring Mosquito Coasts - April 29, 2021
- Virtual Wellness Retreat - April 29, 2021
- Rewind TV in September - April 27, 2021
- A Look at Local Now - April 23, 2021
- ‘Secrets of the Whales’ - April 22, 2021