(Above: Denise and Katie Austin, screenshot from YouTube)
Health entertainment network Z Living has ordered three new series:
- Work It Out, in which longtime fitness celebrity Denise Austin and her millennial daughter Katie (“Get Fit with Katie”) clash over how best “to build a health-centric brand”;
- Celebrity Book Club, with lifestyles and mom blogger Brooke Peterson taking on a different celebrity-written self-help book in each episode, “pointing out the occasional fallacies, ironies and disparity of resources available to the author vs. the average reader”;
- I Lied for Love, in which men and women who have fallen in love with someone online after embellishing or exaggerating their profiles get 90 days “to either transform themselves into the person they aspire to be or admit that they lied for love.” Host is actress/comedian Amy Paffrath, whose other hosting gigs have included two clothed seasons with VH1’s Dating Naked.
A similar 90-day period for getting results seems to have worked well for Z Living’s Altar’d, which premiered in January and has now been renewed for a second season. In this show, “engaged couples are challenged to shape up 90 days before their wedding day — with the added twist of doing it separately, then revealing their transformations when they meet up again at the altar.”
Z Living also renewed another relationship series Finding Fido, in which adoptable puppies get paired up with “perfect” owners.
Launch dates for the new shows and second seasons of the current ones were not announced.
You can watch Z Living’s linear channel on cable/ satellite/telco TV; via Sling’s Orange Extra or Sling Blue Extra packages; or by subscribing to Z Living Go, a $4.99/month subscription streaming service over an iOS app. Access to Z Living Go via the web, which The Savvy Screener suggested in January, does not appear to be available at this time.
- Classic Fest on HBO Max - May 5, 2021
- Simpsons, Star Wars Unite - May 4, 2021
- It’s the Darndest Thing! - May 4, 2021
- RIP Olympia Dukakis - May 1, 2021
- Exploring Mosquito Coasts - April 29, 2021
- Virtual Wellness Retreat - April 29, 2021
- Rewind TV in September - April 27, 2021
- A Look at Local Now - April 23, 2021
- ‘Secrets of the Whales’ - April 22, 2021
- ‘Philly D.A.’ Docuseries - April 20, 2021