Capturing Everest, a four-part series documenting an ascent on the world’s tallest mountain by an amputee and two other Americans, has debuted in 360-degree video on Time Inc.’s SI.com and in virtual reality via Time’s Life VR app. Each episode is under 10 minutes long.
The Time corporate synergy also finds the climb — which happened a full year ago — as the cover story in this week’s Sports Illustrated magazine. The issue features images – including the cover shot — which Life VR users can turn into videos through scans from their smartphones.
To watch Capturing Everest in 360 video, which allows non-immersible navigation in all directions, go to si.com/capturing-everest or download the Life VR app for iOS or Android and stream without a headset. Adding a cardboard headset, which you can buy for as little as $7 from Google or even make on your own, brings in the full VR experience. The Life VR app is also available for HTC Vive, Oculus Rift, and Samsung Gear.
- Lori Arnold, Queen of Meth - May 7, 2021
- ‘Vax Live’ Concert May 8 - May 7, 2021
- Shift Your World Festival - May 6, 2021
- Classic Fest on HBO Max - May 5, 2021
- Simpsons, Star Wars Unite - May 4, 2021
- It’s the Darndest Thing! - May 4, 2021
- RIP Olympia Dukakis - May 1, 2021
- Exploring Mosquito Coasts - April 29, 2021
- Virtual Wellness Retreat - April 29, 2021
- Rewind TV in September - April 27, 2021