Twitter said its Stadium sports channel would launch “in the coming months” with “exclusive live collegiate sporting events, extensive highlights, classic games, and daily live studio programming.” According to SportTechie, Stadium is also an upcoming over-the-air (OTA) channel, announced last month by Sinclair Broadcast Group, 120 Sports, and Silver Chalice as a rebranding and extension of Sinclair’s existing OTA American Sports Network.
Twitter has teamed with Bloomberg Media for a yet-to-be-named breaking news channel set to launch in the fall. Bloomberg says the service will “feature an extraordinary mix of user-generated breaking news video from citizens, curated and verified by Bloomberg editors, along with live video and reporting from Bloomberg journalists around the world.” Bloomberg already runs the 24-hour Bloomberg Television business news channel, which can be viewed online, with several shows also streaming on Twitter.
Elsewhere on the business news front, Twitter said it launched Cheddar’s Opening Bell on Monday, streaming live from the New York Stock Exchange at 9 am ET weekdays. That’s more than six months after Twitter first announced the show. Cheddar’s Closing Bell has been airing on Twitter at 3pm since October. You can check out Cheddar’s live Twitter streams at twitter.com/cheddar.
Upcoming Twitter content includes the launch of Live Nation concerts on May 13 with a livestream of the Zac Brown Band; and 360-video of golf’s iconic 17th hole on the course of The Players Championship from May 11-14.
- Emily Watson’s ‘Too Close’ - May 17, 2021
- The Red Rose of Mumbai? - May 14, 2021
- Rotten Tomatoes Channel - May 13, 2021
- 85 Years of Wavy Gravy - May 12, 2021
- We Clap for ‘Clipped’ - May 11, 2021
- A Canary Islands Thriller - May 11, 2021
- Guide to ‘Those Who Kill’ - May 10, 2021
- Lori Arnold, Queen of Meth - May 7, 2021
- ‘Vax Live’ Concert May 8 - May 7, 2021
- Shift Your World Festival - May 6, 2021