The Washington Post, for one, has referred to her as “the Swedish Agatha Christie” — and starting today, three more subtitled adaptations of Camilla Läckberg mystery novels are having their US premieres on subscription streaming service MHz Choice.
First up: The Preacher (2009), followed on subsequent Tuesdays by The Stonecutter (2009) and The Stranger (2010). All three are based on titles in Läckberg’s “Fjällbacka” series that have been translated into English and are available on Amazon.
In the series, Detective Patrik Hedström and his fiancée, the novelist Erica Falck, become enmeshed in complex crimes affecting all the residents of their tiny coastal community of Fjällbacka on Sweden’s west coast.
The Preacher, The Stonecutter and The Stranger will all be available to MHz Choice subscribers at mhzchoice.vhx.tv/camilla-lackberg. Here’s a preview scene posted by MHz Choice that did not identify which of the three films it was taken from:
The service has already been offering Fjällbacka Murders, featuring the same characters but produced later– in 2012 and 2013 – with different actors.
For $7.99 per month, MHz Choice offers web, smartphone, iPhone/iPad, Apple TV, Roku, Chromecast, Amazon Prime and FireTV users more than 2,000 hours of subtitled mysteries, dramas and comedies from around the world. For more information, or to subscribe, visit www.mhzchoice.com.
- Tulsa Race Massacre, 1921 - May 18, 2021
- Emily Watson’s ‘Too Close’ - May 17, 2021
- The Red Rose of Mumbai? - May 14, 2021
- Rotten Tomatoes Channel - May 13, 2021
- 85 Years of Wavy Gravy - May 12, 2021
- We Clap for ‘Clipped’ - May 11, 2021
- A Canary Islands Thriller - May 11, 2021
- Guide to ‘Those Who Kill’ - May 10, 2021
- Lori Arnold, Queen of Meth - May 7, 2021
- ‘Vax Live’ Concert May 8 - May 7, 2021