Freeform, the cable and satellite channel formerly known as ABC Family, is applying its “binge-from-the-start” programming strategy to its new series Famous in Love.
The strategy entails making the entire Famous season available online the same day of its TV channel debut, aka its linear premiere, which is tonight, April 18, at 9 pm ET. Hulu subscribers will be able to binge-watch Famous in Love, as will cable/telco/satellite subscribers through the Freeform app, online at Freeform.com, or On Demand.
Freeform initially used this programming approach with its series Beyond by launching a full season binge on its digital platforms. The channel claims the show has generated “more than 13 million starts across digital platforms to date, with 87% of bingers finishing the series within one week.”
Famous in Love, based on Rebecca Serle’s novel of the same name, “follows ordinary college student Paige,” played by The Duff’s Bella Thorne, “as she gets her big break after auditioning for the starring role in a Hollywood blockbuster. She must now navigate her new star-studded life and the highs and lows that come with being the new ‘It Girl’ in town as well as balancing her college workload.”
The series also stars The Following’s Carter Jenkins, The Amazing Spiderman’s Charlie Depew, CSI’s Georgie Flores, My Stepdaughter’s Niki Koss, The Fosters’ Pepi Sonuga, Straight Outta Compton’s Keith Powers, and Entourage’s Perrey Reeves.
- Drug-Addled ET on Shudder - May 7, 2021
- Pluto TV En Español - May 5, 2021
- Siblings’ Bad Road Trip - May 3, 2021
- Time-bending Spycraft - April 30, 2021
- Troubled Siblings and Murder - April 28, 2021
- ‘Romeo & Juliet’ Film on PBS - April 23, 2021
- Chicken, Statue on Peacock - April 21, 2021
- ‘Midsomer Murders’ Season 22 - April 19, 2021
- ‘Beverly Hillbillies’ Binge - April 16, 2021
- AMC+’s Cold War Thriller - April 14, 2021