In a deal with Viz Media, free online streaming service Tubi TV has expanded its anime library with the addition of all 366 episodes of Bleach. The videos are presented in Japanese, with English subtitles.
Bleach, based on a manga created by Tite Kubo, follows the adventures of a teenager with supernatural powers. “Ichigo Kurosaki never asked for the ability to see ghosts—he was born with the gift. When his family is attacked by a Hollow—a malevolent lost soul—Ichigo becomes a Soul Reaper, dedicating his life to protecting the innocent and helping the tortured spirits themselves find peace.”
According to a Tubi TV news release, Bleach has topped the ratings on Cartoon Network’s Adult Swim and sold over 1.8 million DVDs. It originally aired from 2004-2012 on the TV Tokyo network. The franchise has spun off video games, apparel, action figures, trading cards and other merchandise.
“Our partnership with Viz Media … helps solidify our reputation as a top destination for anime fans,” said Thomas Ahn-Hicks, Tubi TV co-founder and head of strategy and business development.
Tubi TV offers a considerable catalog of anime titles, including Hunter X Hunter, Death Note, Bakuman and Naruto. Last year, TubiTV struck a deal with Sentai Filmworks to stream a number of anime series – including Tanaka-kun Is Always Listless — from two days to a month after their Japanese air dates. Several classic hit anime series, including Gatchaman and Clannad, are also available to Tubi users.
Visit Tubitv.com to peruse its catalog of free movies and TV shows. You can also view titles on Android and iOS mobile devices, as well as on Roku, Apple TV, Xbox 360, Xbox One, Samsung and Amazon Fire TV.
- Pluto TV En Español - May 5, 2021
- Siblings’ Bad Road Trip - May 3, 2021
- Time-bending Spycraft - April 30, 2021
- Troubled Siblings and Murder - April 28, 2021
- ‘Romeo & Juliet’ Film on PBS - April 23, 2021
- Chicken, Statue on Peacock - April 21, 2021
- ‘Midsomer Murders’ Season 22 - April 19, 2021
- ‘Beverly Hillbillies’ Binge - April 16, 2021
- AMC+’s Cold War Thriller - April 14, 2021
- ‘Pray, Obey, Kill’ Docuseries - April 12, 2021