The second season of UK broadcaster Sky’s arctic chiller Fortitude debuts Friday, April 14, on Amazon Prime.
Game of Thrones’ Richard Dormer plays Dan Anderssen, the sheriff of Fortitude, “a small isolated community with a captive population in an environment that is undergoing change and upheaval due to parasite and pathogen activity.” The sheriff disappears into the wilderness after shooting his wife, and his deputy, Eric Odegard, (Björn Hlynur Haraldsson), leads the search to find him. After a murder, the sheriff suddenly reappears, “a violent broken ruin of a man and wild to the point of feral.”
The new 10-episode season will feature the addition of Dennis Quaid as Michael Lennox, a fisherman and family patriarch struggling to cope with his wife’s terminal illness.
You can view the 11-episode first season, which also starred Stanley Tucci and Michael Gambon, with an Amazon Prime subscription. You can also stream individual episodes, without a Prime subscription, for $2.99 each; or you can buy the entire season for $24.99.
- Streaming ‘Mr. Selfridge’ - November 21, 2019
- A ‘Cyberchase’ Thanksgiving - November 20, 2019
- Two Docs, Two Tragedies - November 19, 2019
- Review: Bingeable ‘Crown’ - November 18, 2019
- Decades’ ‘Batman’ Binge - November 15, 2019
- More People Use TV Antennas - November 15, 2019
- More ‘Cold as Balls’ - November 13, 2019
- Garlin Stand-Up in Chicago - November 12, 2019
- ‘Nunsense’ TV Specials - November 12, 2019
- UpliftTV Shows Parables - November 11, 2019