(Pictured above: 2016 UK B-Boy Championships. Source: YouTube screenshot)
Get ready for some head-spinning virtual reality breakdancing.
Digital Domain, a company specializing in “visual effects and immersive experiences,” will host a 360° virtual reality livestream of the 2017 UK B-Boy Championships World Finals this Sunday, April 9, from 1 pm to 6 pm ET.
The breakdancing event, live-streamed from London’s O2 Forum, will “give viewers front-row access to the dance floor” for the 21st edition of the competition. Hosted by Crazy Legs, aka Richard Colon, of the Rock Steady Crew and Africa Islam of the Universal Zulu Nation, finalists from five continents will participate, with “the best Crews, solo B-Boys, Poppers, Lockers and Hip Hop Freestylers” showing off “fluid maneuvers presented in a stunning immersive format.” Hip-hop’s Talib Kweli will also perform.
“This is a fully immersive experience that puts hip-hop fans in the midst of a showdown to determine the world’s greatest,” said Hooch Whittle, CEO of the UK B-Boy Championships.
“Breakdancing culture has seen a resurgence in popularity around the world, and VR offers a deeper and more immersive way to connect with the performers,” said Alireza Saifi, vice president of global business development, Digital Domain.
To watch the competition in VR, download the free Digital Domain app on the iOS App Store or Google Play, or watch it at vr.digitaldomain.com. Although the VR app is free, Digital Domain didn’t say if there’s a charge to live-stream the event itself.
- Siblings’ Bad Road Trip - May 3, 2021
- Time-bending Spycraft - April 30, 2021
- Troubled Siblings and Murder - April 28, 2021
- ‘Romeo & Juliet’ Film on PBS - April 23, 2021
- Chicken, Statue on Peacock - April 21, 2021
- ‘Midsomer Murders’ Season 22 - April 19, 2021
- ‘Beverly Hillbillies’ Binge - April 16, 2021
- AMC+’s Cold War Thriller - April 14, 2021
- ‘Pray, Obey, Kill’ Docuseries - April 12, 2021
- HBO Max’s Victorian X-Women - April 9, 2021