(Above: Jason Priestley and Cindy Sampson play ‘Private Eyes’)
In the series, Priestley plays a former pro hockey player who teams up with a “fierce” female private investigator. As a result, he “is forced to examine who he has become and who he wants to be while investigating high-stakes crimes.”
Here, the former teen idol talks about playing a former hockey star “looking for the second act of his life.” It’s all about reinventing oneself, says Priestley.
Ten episodes have already aired on Canada’s Global broadcast network, with a second season of 18 episodes now in production. Ion TV did not provide a premiere date for the US.
The series comes from Entertainment One, which also produces two other Canadian series airing on Ion: Saving Hope, a supernatural medical drama, and The Listener, about a “mind-reading law enforcement consultant.”
- Halston Biopic on Netflix - May 13, 2021
- French Film Noir Streams - May 3, 2021
- ‘The Best of Bugs Bunny’ - April 30, 2021
- Sleeping with Netflix - April 28, 2021
- ‘Handmaid’s Tale’ Returns - April 27, 2021
- Polish Pleasures This Week - April 26, 2021
- ‘The Skipper’ as ‘Casey Jones’ - April 15, 2021
- Late Day’s Light Night - April 14, 2021
- ‘Holocaust to Hollywood’ - April 7, 2021
- Scully and Mulder on Comet - April 5, 2021