(Above: screenshot from ’13 Reasons Why’ trailer)
Suicide looms large in two Netflix premieres this Friday, March 31: The Discovery, an original movie starring Robert Redford, and 13 Reasons Why, a young adult drama series directed by Oscar winner Tom McCarthy (Spotlight).
The Discovery, also starring Rooney Mara and Jason Segel, is “a love story set in a world where the afterlife has been scientifically proven, and as a result millions of people start taking their own lives.”
13 Reasons Why, “an intricate and heart wrenching story of teenage life,” tells the story of a boy (Dylan Minnette) coping with audio tapes in which his former crush (Katherine Langford) tells why she took own life.
Adapted from Jay Asher’s best-selling book by Brian Yorkey (Pulitzer Prize and Tony Award winner for Next to Normal), 13 Reasons Why consists of, yes, 13 hour-long episodes.
- Lori Arnold, Queen of Meth - May 7, 2021
- ‘Vax Live’ Concert May 8 - May 7, 2021
- Shift Your World Festival - May 6, 2021
- Classic Fest on HBO Max - May 5, 2021
- Simpsons, Star Wars Unite - May 4, 2021
- It’s the Darndest Thing! - May 4, 2021
- RIP Olympia Dukakis - May 1, 2021
- Exploring Mosquito Coasts - April 29, 2021
- Virtual Wellness Retreat - April 29, 2021
- Rewind TV in September - April 27, 2021