According to the above video, Ellie Kemper plans to live-stream Friday night’s Stand for Rights: A Benefit for the ACLU. Her Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt co-star Tituss Burgess, however, will perform on the show, along with movie icon Tom Hanks, movie star Maggie Gyllenhaal, and TV favorites Amy Poehler (Parks and Recreation), Padma Lakshmi (Top Chef), Jon Hamm (Mad Men), Uzo Aduba (Orange is the New Black), Josh Charles (The Good Wife), Zosia Mamet (Girls), Ike Barinholtz (The Mindy Project), and the four big stars of 30 Rock — Alec Baldwin, Tina Fey, Tracy Morgan and Jane Krakowski.
The ACLU calls the event, which will include musicians as well as other actors and comics, a “modern day telethon.” You can attend in person by donating from $1,000 to $25,000 (visit Eventbrite for that option), or join Ellie by streaming the show over one of the following Facebook pages: Stand for Rights 2017, Funny or Die (whose latest videos will debut during the telethon) and The Huffington Post (which will also run clips post-event).
For more information and updates, visit www.facebook.com/standforrights2017.
(Note: Featured image is from a Stand for Rights’ Facebook promo asking visitors to “snap your finest Lady Liberty pose and share it.”)
- Tulsa Race Massacre, 1921 - May 18, 2021
- Emily Watson’s ‘Too Close’ - May 17, 2021
- The Red Rose of Mumbai? - May 14, 2021
- Rotten Tomatoes Channel - May 13, 2021
- 85 Years of Wavy Gravy - May 12, 2021
- We Clap for ‘Clipped’ - May 11, 2021
- A Canary Islands Thriller - May 11, 2021
- Guide to ‘Those Who Kill’ - May 10, 2021
- Lori Arnold, Queen of Meth - May 7, 2021
- ‘Vax Live’ Concert May 8 - May 7, 2021