Amazon Prime will add 2017 best picture Oscar winner Moonlight, starring Mahershala Ali, to its lineup of streaming exclusives, thanks to an extended agreement with film/TV production company A24.
Starting May 21, Amazon subscribers will be able to stream and download the coming-of-age drama about a young black man growing up in Miami.
Amazon already offers exclusive streaming for other A24 films, including the decidedly off-beat Swiss Army Man, starring There Will Be Blood’s Paul Dano as a castaway and Harry Potter’s Daniel Radcliffe as a farting corpse; the absurdist The Lobster starring True Detective’s Colin Farrell and The Mummy’s Rachel Weisz; and horror-thriller Green Room, with Star Trek: The Next Generation’s Patrick Stewart playing a diabolical club owner squaring off with Star Trek ‘New Gen’ cast member, the late Anton Yelchin, and his fellow punk band members.
More A24 films coming to Amazon later this year include 20th Century Women, with Annette Bening and Elle Fanning; American Honey, with Sasha Lane and Shia LaBeouf; Free Fire with Brie Larson, Cillian Murphy and Armie Hammer; The Lovers with Debra Winger and Tracy Letts; It Comes at Night, starring Joel Edgerton and Riley Keough; and A Ghost Story, starring Casey Affleck.
For more information on Amazon Prime subscription streaming, visit Amazon.com/primevideo.
- Drug-Addled ET on Shudder - May 7, 2021
- Pluto TV En Español - May 5, 2021
- Siblings’ Bad Road Trip - May 3, 2021
- Time-bending Spycraft - April 30, 2021
- Troubled Siblings and Murder - April 28, 2021
- ‘Romeo & Juliet’ Film on PBS - April 23, 2021
- Chicken, Statue on Peacock - April 21, 2021
- ‘Midsomer Murders’ Season 22 - April 19, 2021
- ‘Beverly Hillbillies’ Binge - April 16, 2021
- AMC+’s Cold War Thriller - April 14, 2021