If you plan to see the feature film The Shack, which opens in theaters today, you may also want to check out Restoring the Shack, a TV series debuting Sunday, March 5, on Trinity Broadcasting Network (TBN).
Based on a best-selling 2007 novel of the same title by Wm. Paul Young, The Shack stars Sam Worthington as “a grieving man [who] receives a mysterious, personal invitation to meet with God at a place called ‘The Shack'”(synopsis from IMDb). Octavia Spencer and Tim McGraw co-star.
‘The Shack’ trailer:
TBN says that Restoring the Shack will present Young’s “personal perspective on life and the meaning behind The Shack, along with penetrating thoughts about faith, grief, wonder — and the joy of relationship with the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.” The series was filmed on location in Montana’s Big Sky country.
Four half-hour episodes premiere this Sunday at 8 pm ET on TBN, followed by a one-hour special with Young hosted by Matt and Laurie Crouch. Then, beginning the following Sunday, March 12, Restoring the Shack will run weekly at 10:30 pm. TBN did not say how many episodes have been filmed.
‘Restoring the Shack’ trailer:
- ‘My First First Love’ - April 18, 2019
- Unlocking ‘Wed-Locked’ - April 17, 2019
- ShemarooMe Launches - April 17, 2019
- Court TV Returns May 8 - April 16, 2019
- ‘Ministry of Evil’ Free - April 16, 2019
- ‘Nick’ Comes Knocking - April 15, 2019
- Finding Carol Burnett - April 12, 2019
- Sitcoms for Tax Day - April 12, 2019
- The Van Doren Legacy - April 11, 2019
- Slow Science Streams - April 11, 2019