UK broadcaster Sky’s arctic chiller Fortitude has made Amazon Prime Video its “official” streaming home in the US.
The 11-episode first season of the drama series, which premiered on Sky Atlantic in 2015, has been available on Amazon Prime since January 2016. With the premiere of the 10-episode second season scheduled for later this year, Amazon has secured its hold on the show.
“Amazon has been a keen supporter of the series from the outset, having taken an SVOD window on season one,” said Jane Millichip, managing director, Sky Vision. “We’re delighted to now extend the relationship.”
In the thriller, Game of Thrones‘ Richard Dormer plays Dan Anderssen, the sheriff of Fortitude, “a small isolated community with a captive population in an environment that is undergoing change and upheaval due to parasite and pathogen activity.” The sheriff disappears into the wilderness after shooting his wife and his deputy, Eric Odegard, (Björn Hlynur Haraldsson), leads the search to find him. After a murder, the sheriff suddenly reappears, “a violent broken ruin of a man and wild to the point of feral.”
Dennis Quaid appears in season two as Michael Lennox, a fisherman and family patriarch struggling to cope with his wife’s terminal illness.
You can view the first season, which also starred Stanley Tucci and Michael Gambon, with an Amazon Prime subscription. You can also stream individual episodes, without a subscription, for $2.99 each; or you can buy the entire season for $24.99.
‘Fortitude’ Trailer: Season Two
- Pluto TV En Español - May 5, 2021
- Siblings’ Bad Road Trip - May 3, 2021
- Time-bending Spycraft - April 30, 2021
- Troubled Siblings and Murder - April 28, 2021
- ‘Romeo & Juliet’ Film on PBS - April 23, 2021
- Chicken, Statue on Peacock - April 21, 2021
- ‘Midsomer Murders’ Season 22 - April 19, 2021
- ‘Beverly Hillbillies’ Binge - April 16, 2021
- AMC+’s Cold War Thriller - April 14, 2021
- ‘Pray, Obey, Kill’ Docuseries - April 12, 2021