Leon Logothetis, host of National Geographic’s Amazing Adventures of a Nobody, has brought a 13-part series based on his book The Kindness Diaries: One Man’s Quest to Ignite Good Will and Transform Lives Around the World, to Netflix.
The series follows Logothetis, a former stockbroker whose CV includes “global adventurer, motivational speaker, philanthropist” and author, as he embarks on a six-month adventure to 20 countries around the world, “with no food or pre-planned accommodations.” In the process, he finds “that people are so open to helping those in need.”
For The Kindness Diaries series, “I rely entirely on the kindness of strangers and give back to unsuspecting good Samaritans along the way,” said Logothetis. “During the trip, I discover that being ‘seen’ is the most powerful gift we can give others.”
“The show is about sharing compassion and empathy with others,” added Logothetis. “It’s about smiling at the world and seeing what happens when the world smiles right back at you.
For his series Amazing Adventures of a Nobody, also based on his book of the same name, Logothetis “had to beg, borrow, and charm his way across the United States, England, and the European continent while traveling on only $5 a day.”
The Kindness Diaries is available now on Netflix.
Logothetis talks about ‘the kindness of strangers’ in this December 2014 CBS This Morning interview:
- Drug-Addled ET on Shudder - May 7, 2021
- Pluto TV En Español - May 5, 2021
- Siblings’ Bad Road Trip - May 3, 2021
- Time-bending Spycraft - April 30, 2021
- Troubled Siblings and Murder - April 28, 2021
- ‘Romeo & Juliet’ Film on PBS - April 23, 2021
- Chicken, Statue on Peacock - April 21, 2021
- ‘Midsomer Murders’ Season 22 - April 19, 2021
- ‘Beverly Hillbillies’ Binge - April 16, 2021
- AMC+’s Cold War Thriller - April 14, 2021