Stranger things are coming to Hulu in the form of a new “suspense/thriller” series Castle Rock, based on the fictional Maine town popularized by author Stephen King in such works as Cujo, Needful Things and The Shawshank Redemption.
Castle Rock teaser:
Ten episodes of Castle Rock will begin filming later this year from the same companies behind the 2016 Hulu adaptation of King’s 11.22.63 — J.J. Abrams’ Bad Robot Productions (HBO’s Westworld) and Time Warner’s Warner Bros. Television.
Time Warner’s 30-year-old Castle Rock Entertainment, however, isn’t involved with Castle Rock. Co-founder Rob Reiner named that production company after King’s town, and it subsequently helmed such King adaptations as Needful Things (1993) and The Shawshank Redemption (1994).
Needful Things trailer:
Netflix subscribers, meanwhile, can stream Cujo (1983) and, of course, the King-ish sci-fi/thriller series Stranger Things. If you don’t subscribe to Netflix, you can also watch Cujo for free on Tubi TV.
In addition to Hulu, King, Bad Robot and Warner Bros., Hulu’s new Castle Rock series boasts the talents of executive producers/writers Sam Shaw & Dustin Thomason. They previously worked together on WGN America’s period thriller Manhattan – which is now streaming on Hulu.
- Tulsa Race Massacre, 1921 - May 18, 2021
- Emily Watson’s ‘Too Close’ - May 17, 2021
- The Red Rose of Mumbai? - May 14, 2021
- Rotten Tomatoes Channel - May 13, 2021
- 85 Years of Wavy Gravy - May 12, 2021
- We Clap for ‘Clipped’ - May 11, 2021
- A Canary Islands Thriller - May 11, 2021
- Guide to ‘Those Who Kill’ - May 10, 2021
- Lori Arnold, Queen of Meth - May 7, 2021
- ‘Vax Live’ Concert May 8 - May 7, 2021