Tapping the growing popularity of extreme competition, Netflix will premiere the 10-episode series, Ultimate Beastmaster, on Friday, February 24.
Hosted by former NFL player turned actor Terry Crews, Ultimate Beastmaster pits elite athletes from Brazil, Germany, Japan, Mexico, South Korea and the US against each other in a contest “that will exhaust their physical and mental stamina and push them to their breaking points.” It’s being promoted as “the first international competition series of its kind,” because it will consist of six customized local versions featuring local languages, competitors and hosts from each competing country. There will be a total of 108 competitors, 18 from each represented nation.
During each hour-long episode, 12 competitors, two per country, will run “one of the most physically demanding obstacle courses ever devised, The Beast.” Each episode will crown a ‘Beastmaster,’ and the nine ‘beastmasters’ will face off in the final episode to become the Ultimate Beastmaster.
Sylvester Stallone of Rocky and Rambo fame, along with Dave Broome, who executive-produced fitness series The Biggest Loser and Strong, are co-producers.
To learn more, visit Netflix
- Drug-Addled ET on Shudder - May 7, 2021
- Pluto TV En Español - May 5, 2021
- Siblings’ Bad Road Trip - May 3, 2021
- Time-bending Spycraft - April 30, 2021
- Troubled Siblings and Murder - April 28, 2021
- ‘Romeo & Juliet’ Film on PBS - April 23, 2021
- Chicken, Statue on Peacock - April 21, 2021
- ‘Midsomer Murders’ Season 22 - April 19, 2021
- ‘Beverly Hillbillies’ Binge - April 16, 2021
- AMC+’s Cold War Thriller - April 14, 2021