Following on the heels of Havenhurst, which premieres tomorrow, another horror film will launch concurrently online and in theaters. This one is a comedy called Prevenge, which debuts Friday, March 24, on Shudder as well as running theatrically in New York and Los Angeles.
Shudder, owned by AMC Networks (AMC, IFC, Sundance Channel), is an all-horror subscription streaming service that costs $4.99 monthly or $49.99 annually.
Prevenge is written and directed by Alice Lowe, who also stars in the film as very pregnant Ruth, who’s on a killing spree dictated by her unborn baby. Here’s the trailer:
By the way, if Ruth’s pregnancy looks awfully realistic, Lowe was indeed seven months pregnant while directing and acting in Prevenge.
The film also stars Gemma Whelan (Game of Thrones), Kate Dickie (The Witch) and Jo Hartley (Eddie the Eagle).
Shudder is available at www.shudder.com, or via Roku, Google Play, Amazon Prime and iOS. It can also be seen on Xbox and Playstation through the VRV app. To check out all the content available, visit Shudder’s collections page or complete list of titles. To subscribe, go to Shudder’s signup page.
(Note: Featured image is a screen shot from the above YouTube video)
- Lori Arnold, Queen of Meth - May 7, 2021
- ‘Vax Live’ Concert May 8 - May 7, 2021
- Shift Your World Festival - May 6, 2021
- Classic Fest on HBO Max - May 5, 2021
- Simpsons, Star Wars Unite - May 4, 2021
- It’s the Darndest Thing! - May 4, 2021
- RIP Olympia Dukakis - May 1, 2021
- Exploring Mosquito Coasts - April 29, 2021
- Virtual Wellness Retreat - April 29, 2021
- Rewind TV in September - April 27, 2021