Vantage.tv has debuted what it calls the first full-length concert in virtual reality (VR) – a 13-song performance by country star Eric Church at last year’s Stagecoach Festival in Southern California.
If you already have VR viewing capability via iPhone, Android or Gear VR devices, you can get the concert for $19.99 at www.vantage.tv. If you don’t, no problem: for $34.99, Vantage.tv will provide you with a Google Cardboard viewer along with the concert. You can see all your options at Vantage.tv.
So what do you get for your $19.99 or $34.99? Visually, your choice of 180-degree and 360-degree views from eight camera positions, including a “multiple camera director’s cut” or a “front row view.” Aurally, “an immersive … audio experience never before available.” The latter provides “full surround sound with head tracking technology to provide…an enhanced level of realism by connecting the soundscape’s orientation to the virtual environment.”
And that’s got to be far better than the fan videos from the event available via YouTube. Here’s an example to whet your appetite for the full-length VR version:
- Lori Arnold, Queen of Meth - May 7, 2021
- ‘Vax Live’ Concert May 8 - May 7, 2021
- Shift Your World Festival - May 6, 2021
- Classic Fest on HBO Max - May 5, 2021
- Simpsons, Star Wars Unite - May 4, 2021
- It’s the Darndest Thing! - May 4, 2021
- RIP Olympia Dukakis - May 1, 2021
- Exploring Mosquito Coasts - April 29, 2021
- Virtual Wellness Retreat - April 29, 2021
- Rewind TV in September - April 27, 2021