Fans of Scandal, which returns Thursday on ABC stations, can get ready by streaming a six-part web series called Scandal: Gladiator Wanted – and then follow the premiere of season six via a new live recap show called Scandal Superfan Recap: Gladiators Don’t Run.
First up, the webisodes: Scandal: Gladiator Wanted can be viewed by everyone, even if you don’t have a pay TV subscription. Just go to ABC.Go.Com. or the ABC app. In the web series, Huck (Guillermo Diaz), Quinn (Katie Lowes) and Marcus (Cornelius Smith Jr.) need to find an intern for Olivia Pope & Associates. Another Scandal regular Darby Stanchfield, who plays Abby Whelan, makes her directorial debut.
Then, an hour after Scandal’s season premiere from 9-10 pm ET Thursday, fans can settle in for the first of 16 live recap shows on Time Inc’s new free People/Entertainment Weekly Network (PEN). Laura Coates, former federal prosecutor with the US Department of Justice, will host and be joined by fans, plus journalists from People and Entertainment Weekly. Viewers can interact through real-time mobile videos at burst.com/scandal and social media platforms. Tune in Thursdays at 11 pm at people.com/PEN.
Here’s a trailer for this Thursday’s Scandal episode (and, don’t worry, the actual date is January 26, not January 20!):
If you’ve yet to watch Scandal and get hooked by all this, you can binge-watch the first five seasons (90 episodes) on Netflix.
- Lori Arnold, Queen of Meth - May 7, 2021
- ‘Vax Live’ Concert May 8 - May 7, 2021
- Shift Your World Festival - May 6, 2021
- Classic Fest on HBO Max - May 5, 2021
- Simpsons, Star Wars Unite - May 4, 2021
- It’s the Darndest Thing! - May 4, 2021
- RIP Olympia Dukakis - May 1, 2021
- Exploring Mosquito Coasts - April 29, 2021
- Virtual Wellness Retreat - April 29, 2021
- Rewind TV in September - April 27, 2021