MGM and Sinclair Broadcast Group, the partners behind the Comet sci-fi channel, have announced plans for Charge!, to air action-based programming starting this spring. Like Comet, Charge! will be available free via both over-the-air channels and online streaming.
Content, taken from 2,300 hours of MGM-owned TV series and more than 2,000 movie titles, will include movies like Dances with Wolves and Platoon, as well as the Rocky and James Bond franchises. TV series will include In the Heat of the Night and The Magnificent Seven.
Separately, MGM also runs the just-launched over-the-air channel Light TV (faith and family) and the nine-year-old This TV (movies), while Sinclair is also prepping TBD (web-originated content) for launch this year.
As a preview of Charge!, here’s the opening scene of Dances with Wolves:
- Tulsa Race Massacre, 1921 - May 18, 2021
- Emily Watson’s ‘Too Close’ - May 17, 2021
- The Red Rose of Mumbai? - May 14, 2021
- Rotten Tomatoes Channel - May 13, 2021
- 85 Years of Wavy Gravy - May 12, 2021
- We Clap for ‘Clipped’ - May 11, 2021
- A Canary Islands Thriller - May 11, 2021
- Guide to ‘Those Who Kill’ - May 10, 2021
- Lori Arnold, Queen of Meth - May 7, 2021
- ‘Vax Live’ Concert May 8 - May 7, 2021