Reruns of the pioneering reality show Candid Camera from its final 1966-1967 season are airing on Jewish Life Television (JLTV). Why? That year’s co-host was Bess Myerson, who rose to fame as the first Jewish Miss America in 1945 before beginning a long career in TV and politics. Series creator and co-host Allen Funt was also Jewish.
You can catch two half-hour episodes of Candid Camera on JLTV’s free live stream tomorrow night, Wednesday, at 10 pm ET, following an episode of The New Soupy Sales Show. Candid Camera will also run Thursday at 1 and 1:30 am, and weekdays at 4 am and 4:30 am. For airings after this week, consult the JLTV schedule.
Online, we found just two Candid Camera clips with Myerson, and they both involve rock bands! One features the little known Mods, whom Myerson calls “well-groomed, handsomely dressed, and haircutted”; the other features the quite famous Frankie Valli and the Four Seasons (the subject of Jersey Boys, which closes its long Broadway run this Sunday). Here are both clips:
(Note: Our featured image is a screen grab from the first video above)
- Emily Watson’s ‘Too Close’ - May 17, 2021
- The Red Rose of Mumbai? - May 14, 2021
- Rotten Tomatoes Channel - May 13, 2021
- 85 Years of Wavy Gravy - May 12, 2021
- We Clap for ‘Clipped’ - May 11, 2021
- A Canary Islands Thriller - May 11, 2021
- Guide to ‘Those Who Kill’ - May 10, 2021
- Lori Arnold, Queen of Meth - May 7, 2021
- ‘Vax Live’ Concert May 8 - May 7, 2021
- Shift Your World Festival - May 6, 2021