Amazon Prime will premiere its original kids adventure series, Ronja, the Robber’s Daughter, on Friday, January 27.
X-Files star Gillian Anderson narrates the animated show, which is based on the children’s book by Astrid Lindgren, the Swedish author who wrote Pippi Longstocking. Ronia, the Robber’s Daughter, has sold about 10 million copies globally since its release in 1981, and has been translated into 41 languages and previously adapted for film and television internationally, according to Amazon.
The series is described as “an epic 26-part story of 10-year-old Ronja, born on a stormy night in a mountain fort, surrounded by her father, mother and a loving band of robbers… She befriends Birk, the son of her father’s rival, and so begins the drama of her friendship and family loyalties.”
“With Ronja, the Robber’s Daughter, Astrid Lindgren seems to be telling children to believe in their own power to grow, whilst telling adults to learn more from children,” said director Gorō Miyazaki. “Mutual respect will attain freedom in the true sense of the word.”
Visit Amazon Prime to subscribe.
- Pluto TV En Español - May 5, 2021
- Siblings’ Bad Road Trip - May 3, 2021
- Time-bending Spycraft - April 30, 2021
- Troubled Siblings and Murder - April 28, 2021
- ‘Romeo & Juliet’ Film on PBS - April 23, 2021
- Chicken, Statue on Peacock - April 21, 2021
- ‘Midsomer Murders’ Season 22 - April 19, 2021
- ‘Beverly Hillbillies’ Binge - April 16, 2021
- AMC+’s Cold War Thriller - April 14, 2021
- ‘Pray, Obey, Kill’ Docuseries - April 12, 2021